What is this Service?
Facilities Management delivers a variety of services that support municipal service delivery and provide a healthy, safe, barrier-free and comfortable environment for staff and citizens that visit municipally owned and/or operated properties.
Services provided vary between municipalities, but may include:
- Accessibility Design Standards
- Space Planning
- General Repairs, Maintenance and Shipping and Receiving
- Tenant Relations
The range of municipal service areas and programs that Facilities Management may serve varies from municipality to municipality, include but are not limited to:
- Police Services
- Public Health Services
- Emergency Medical Services
- Long Term Care
- Arenas and Recreation Centres
- Building Stock: There is a wide variety of buildings/facilities in each municipality with different sizes, ages, and use profiles that can yield very different cost per square feet indicators. This measure could be calculated separately by building type, if more specific accurate data is required.
- Capital: The accounting policy/dollar threshold for capital expenditures impacts the types of maintenance activities included in operating costs.
- Organizational Form: The extent to which asset management services are centralized or decentralized in each municipality can influence reported results.
Due to the review/addition of new measures, only the results for 2011 are shown.